Thursday 5 January 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Luciano Nizzola and Derek Johnson.
The Bitter Tea of General Yen, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Ann Vickers by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1933!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 January 1933 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Luciano Nizzola: Italian sports manager, President of the Soccer Federation since 1997.
- Derek Johnson: English runner (d. 2004).
- Leonard Marsh: American businessman co-founded Snapple (d. 2013).
- Calvin Coolidge: American politician, U.S.
- Work on Golden Gate Bridge begins, on Marin County side
- Construction begins on the Golden Gate Bridge between San Francisco and Marin County, California. Workers begin excavating for the structure's anchorages.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1933 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Here it is Monday - Rudy Vallee & His Connecticut Yankees
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?