Thursday 2 February 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Amalou and M'el Dowd.
She Done Him Wrong, directed by Lowell Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Magnificent Obsession by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1933!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1933 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Pierre Amalou: Marseille EXecutives.
- M'el Dowd: American actress and singer (d. 2012).
- Tony Jay: English actor and singer (d. 2006).
- : Cuban bassist (Buena Vista Social Club) (d. 2009).
- Than Shwe: Burmese politician.
- 2 days after becoming chancellor, Adolf Hitler dissolves Parliament
- A second international conference on disarmament ends without results, It tries to limit the army sizes of the major powers, while Germany is entitled to 200,000, Germany leaves the conference because a plan postpones the limitations for 4 years.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?