Tuesday 17 January 1933
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dalida and Shari Lewis.
The Vampire Bat, directed by Frank Strayer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while One More River by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1933!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 January 1933 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Dalida : World-famous singer and actress born in Egypt with Italian origins but naturalised French with the name Yolanda Gigliotti.
- Shari Lewis: American puppeteer, ventriloquist, author, magician and singer.
- Sadruddin Aga Khan
- Sheree North
- Roger Leloup
- Yolande Christina Dalida in Cairo: Egypt; actress/singer, Miss Egypt (The 6th Day).
- Sadruddin Khan: French-Pakistani diplomat United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (d. 2003).
- Aga Khan: Religious leader (Muslims).
- Bruno Schroder: British Baron / banker / multi-millionaire.
- Sheree North [Dawn Bethel] in Louisiana: USA; actress (Mary Tyler Moore Show, Breakout, Madigan).
- Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan: French-born Pakistani diplomat (UN High Commissioner for Refugees) (d. 2003).
- Louis Comfort Tiffany: American artist and designer (Born 1848).
- Bradman takes second Test wicket, Hammond, bowled
- The U.S. Congress votes favorably for Philippines independence, against the view of President Herbert Hoover.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?