Tuesday 17 January 1933
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aga Khan and Bruno Schroder.
Employees' Entrance, directed by Roy Del Ruth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1933!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1933 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- Aga Khan: Religious leader (Muslims).
- Bruno Schroder: British Baron / banker / multi-millionaire.
- Sheree North [Dawn Bethel] in Louisiana: USA; actress (Mary Tyler Moore Show, Breakout, Madigan).
- Prince Sadruddin Aga Khan: French-born Pakistani diplomat (UN High Commissioner for Refugees) (d. 2003).
- Yolande Christina Dalida in Cairo: Egypt; actress/singer, Miss Egypt (The 6th Day).
- Dalida : World-famous singer and actress born in Egypt with Italian origins but naturalised French with the name Yolanda Gigliotti. She spent her early years in Egypt amongst the Italian Egyptian community, but she lived most of her adult life in France. She received 55 gold records and was the first singer to receive a diamond disc. Dalida performed and recorded in more than 10 languages including: French, Arabic, Italian, Greek, German, English, Japanese, Hebrew, Dutch and Spanish.
- Shari Lewis: American puppeteer, ventriloquist, author, magician and singer.
- Sadruddin Khan: French-Pakistani diplomat United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (d. 2003)
- Louis Comfort Tiffany: American artist and designer (Born 1848).
- Bradman takes second Test wicket, Hammond, bowled
- The U.S. Congress votes favorably for Philippines independence, against the view of President Herbert Hoover.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 January 1933
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?