Monday 9 January 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Wilbur Smith and Sonia Garmers [Justina].
The Bitter Tea of General Yen, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while One More River by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1933!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 January 1933 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Wilbur Smith: Zambian-English journalist and author.
- Sonia Garmers [Justina]: Author (Dear Queen).
- Robert Garcia American politician (Representative-Democrat-New York: 1978-).
- Robert García: American soldier and politician.
- Amsterdam confectionery worker go on strike against wage reduction
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?