Saturday 7 January 1933, Orthodox Christmas
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elliot Kastner in New York City and Franco De Benedetti.
The Bitter Tea of General Yen, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1933!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1933 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Elliot Kastner in New York City: New York, USA; producer (Bobo, Big Sleep, Ffolkes).
- Franco De Benedetti: Italian electrical engineer; the director of It Tubi company, a subsidiary of Olivetti.
- Richard Kneip: American politician.
- Elliott Kastner: American-English film producer (d. 2010).
- Phil Mulkey: American decathlete and coach.
- 1st edition of People and Fatherland published in the Netherlands
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 January 1933
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?