Saturday 21 May 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew Nell and Arno Hintjens.
Batman and Robin, directed by Spencer Bennet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while One On The House by Mary Lasswell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Clock.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1949!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1949 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Andrew Nell: Editor (Sunday Times).
- Arno Hintjens: Belgian singer (T C Matic).
- Bernard Bajolet: French diplomat.
- Andrew Neil: British editor of "The Sunday Times," who, when appointed, was Britain’s youngest editor of a national newspaper.
- Stefano Anzi: .
- Klaus Mann: German writer, son of the famous writer Thomas Mann.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1949 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?