Wednesday 18 March 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 18, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Mullins and Albert Van Vlierberghe.
My Favorite Blonde, directed by Sidney Lanfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 March 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1942 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
Famous Birthdays:18 March
- 2 black players, Jackie Robinson and Nate Moreland, request a tryout with the Chicago White Sox, they are allowed to work out
- Illegal Free Netherlands announces boycott of theaters.
- The War Relocation Authority is established in the United States to take Japanese Americans into custody.
- President Roosevelt signs Executive Order 9102, creating the War Relocation Authority (WRA), which becomes responsible for the internment of Americans of Japanese and, to a lesser extent, German and Italian descent, many of them legal citizens.