Friday 2 March 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of March people in US were listening to What Goes Around…Comes Around by Justin Timberlake.
In UK Grace Kelly by Mika was in the top 5 hits.
Shooter, directed by Antoine Fuqua, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Design Squad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brian Lara 2007 Pressure Play or Busou Shinki.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 2007!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 March 2007 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 March
- Five Bluffton University baseball players and the driver and his wife are killed in a chartered bus accident in Atlanta. The players, Zach Arend, David Betts, Scott Harmon, Cody Holp, and Tyler Williams, were en route to to Sarasota, Florida.
- Protestors set cars and barricades on fire in Copenhagen over evictions. (Fox News)
- Italian leader Romano Prodi is reinstated as prime minister after winning his second and final confidence vote in the Parliament, ending a political crisis that began last week when Prodi resigned after losing a foreign policy vote. (CNN)
- Cuban foreign minister Felipe Pérez Roque claims leader Fidel Castro is recovering from his illness and could come back to lead Cuba again. (CNN)
- The Bush administration selects a design from the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory for a new generation of nuclear warheads that could replace the Trident missile on submarines by 2012. (AP via Seattle Post-Intelligencer)
- Prices at the New York Stock Exchange and Toronto Stock Exchange continue to drop after a massive sell-off earlier in the week. (CBC)
- The Parliament of Chechnya appoints Ramzan Kadyrov as the President of Chechnya after his nomination by the President of Russia Vladimir Putin. (BBC)
- The United States Secretary of the Army Francis J. Harvey resigns over poor conditions at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center. President Bush later orders a full review of health care available to returning soldiers. (New York Times)
- A bus carrying the baseball team of Bluffton University plunges off an overpass onto Interstate 75 near Atlanta, Georgia, killing six including four students. (CNN)
- Puerto Rico institutes a smoking ban in all public places. Smoking will only be allowed in homes, places dedicated to tobacco sales, and open and ventilated places. (El Nuevo Día)
- A bomb explodes near a car carrying a judge of the Pakistani anti-terrorist court, Mian Bashir Bhatti, wounding him and killing at least three others. (AP via IHT)
- Indonesia declares the deaths of the Balibo Five to be a closed case despite a New South Wales coronial inquest into their deaths in Balibo, East Timor in 1975. (News Limited)
- The Communist Party of China expels nine senior officials and business leaders over a Shanghai corruption scandal related to misuse of Government pension funds. The nine people will also face criminal charges. (BBC)
- The Attorney General for England and Wales, Lord Goldsmith, obtains an injunction from the High Court preventing the BBC from broadcasting an item about investigations into an alleged cash for honours political scandal. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around…Comes Around
- Ludacris - Runaway Love
- Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
- Dixie Chicks - Not Ready To Make Nice
- Akon - Don't Matter
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape
- Daughtry - It's Not Over
- Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America - Gym Class Heroes
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Fall Out Boy - This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 2 March 2007
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Roeselare - Waregem : 3 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Schalke 04 - Hamburg : 0 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Erzgebirge Aue - Kaiserslautern : 1 - 0
- Greuther Furth - Augsburg : 2 - 1
- Unterhaching - CZ Jena : 2 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Grenoble : 3 - 1
- Amiens - Istres : 2 - 1
- Chateauroux - Libourne : 0 - 1
- Creteil - Brest : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?