Friday 2 May 1980
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ellie Kemper and Fabrice Pancrate.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Call Me by Blondie.
In UK Working My Way Back To You / Forgive Me Girl by The Detroit Spinners was in the top 5 hits.
Friday the 13th, directed by Sean S. Cunningham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Nothing Down by Robert G. Allen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Señorita Andrea.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Skiing or Space Firebird.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 May 1980 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Ellie Kemper: TV Actress.
- Fabrice Pancrate
- Nichola Goddard
- Brad Richards: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Natascha Berg
- Troy Murphy: American basketball player.
- Lassaâd Ouertani: Tunisian footballer (d. 2013).
- Francesco Facchinetti: Italian DJ, producer, singer, musician and TV presenter, also known as Dj Francesco or as Oz.
- Tim Borowski: German footballer.
- Pierre-Luc Gagnon: Canadian skateboarder.
- Zat Knight: English footballer.
- Artūras Masiulis: Lithuanian basketball player.
- George Pal: Hungarian / US director (When Worlds Collide, Puppetoons).
- Joseph Doherty and three other Irish Republican Army men arrested for murder.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Pope John Paul II begins African tour.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Blondie - Call Me
- Christopher Cross - Ride Like The Wind
- Air Supply - Lost In Love
- Billy Preston - With You I'm Born Again
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall (Part II)
- Bob Seger - Fire Lake
- Billy Joel - You May Be Right
- Eagles - I Can't Tell You Why
- Dr. Hook - Sexy Eyes
- Jimmy Ruffin - Hold On To My Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?