Monday 19 May 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenji Fujimori and Drew Fuller.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Call Me by Blondie.
In UK What's Another Year by Johnny Logan was in the top 5 hits.
The Shining, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventure Game.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Compu-Spell or Network.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1980!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1980 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Kenji Fujimori: Peruvian businessman and fujimorist politician.
- Drew Fuller: American actor and model.
- Tony Hackworth: English footballer.
- Blackstone opens at Majestic Theater NYC for 104 performances
- Ringo and Barbara Bach are involved in a car crash
- Apple Computer introduces the Apple III computer. It features twice the processor speed (2 MHz 6502 processor) as the Apple II, twice the memory (128 kB), built-in 5.25-inch floppy drive, Apple SOS operating system. With a small case and no cooling fan, reliability problems limit lifetime sales over four years to 65,000 units.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 May 1980
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?