Monday 19 May 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Drew Fuller and Kenji Fujimori.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Call Me by Blondie.
In UK What's Another Year by Johnny Logan was in the top 5 hits.
The Shining, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Will by G. Gordon Liddy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventure Game.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cytron Masters or Berzerk.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1980!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 May 1980 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Drew Fuller: American actor and model.
- Kenji Fujimori: Peruvian businessman and fujimorist politician.
- Tony Hackworth: English footballer.
- Blackstone opens at Majestic Theater NYC for 104 performances
- Ringo and Barbara Bach are involved in a car crash
- Apple Computer introduces the Apple III computer. It features twice the processor speed (2 MHz 6502 processor) as the Apple II, twice the memory (128 kB), built-in 5.25-inch floppy drive, Apple SOS operating system. With a small case and no cooling fan, reliability problems limit lifetime sales over four years to 65,000 units.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?