Saturday May 03, 1980
US date format: 5/3/1980, UK date format: 3/5/1980
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 3, 1980). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jaycee Dugard and Aurélie Perrillat-Colomb.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Call Me by Blondie.
In UK Working My Way Back To You / Forgive Me Girl by The Detroit Spinners was in the top 5 hits.
Breaker Morant, directed by Bruce Beresford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Anatomy Of An Illness by Norman Cousins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Stockard Channing Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Midway Campaign or Dodge 'Em.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 03, 1980?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- See more
- Giants 1st baseman Willie McCovey hits his 521st and final HR
- Texas Rangers' Ferguson Jenkins becomes fourth to win 100 games in American League and National League.
- 106th Kentucky Derby: Jacinto Vasquez on Genuine Risk wins in 2:02.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 03, 1980?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #4 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Isley Brothers - Don't Say Goodnight (It's Time For Love) (Parts 1 & 2)
- Leon Haywood - Don't Push It Don't Force It
- The Whispers - Lady
- The Brothers Johnson - Stomp
- Jermaine Jackson - Let's Get Serious
- Smokey Robinson - Let Me Be The Clock
- Ray Parker Jr. & Raydio - Two Places At The Same Time
- The Gap Band - I Don't Believe You Want To Get Up An Dance (Oops!)
- Lipps, Inc. - Funkytown
- ConFunkShun - Got To Be Enough
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next May 03If May 03, 1980 is your birthday you're 40 years, 4 months, 23 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 7 months, 7 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?