Monday 17 March 1919, St. Patrick's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 17, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nat King Cole and Hank Sauer.
Memory Lane, directed by Srikanth.A, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1919!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1919 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Nat King Cole: Singer (Unforgettable, Mona Lisa), dies at 49.
- Hank Sauer: baseball player (National League Most Valuable Player 1952).
- Nat Cole: American musician, band leader, and popular entertainer of the 1940s and 1950s.
- Dutch steel workers strike for 8 hour day and minimum wages.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- After You've Gone - Billy Murray & Gladys Rice
- Till We Meet Again - Nicholas Orlando's Orchestra