Friday 2 October 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dick Barnett and Fernando Sánchez Dragó.
Libeled Lady, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while White Banners by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1936 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Dick Barnett: American basketball player and educator.
- Fernando Sánchez Dragó
- Roger Sainsbury: Bishop of Barking.
- Feliciano Belmonte: Jr.
- Connie Dierking: American basketball player (d. 2013).
- David Gale: English actor (d. 1991).
- 1st alcohol power plant forms, Atchison, Kansas
- New York Yankees score World Series record 18 runs, beating Giants 18-4
- First alcohol power plant established, Atchison, Kansas.
- Tony Lazzeri becomes the first New York Yankees' player to hit a world series (World Series #33) grand slam.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?