Friday 2 October 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Sainsbury and Dick Barnett.
Libeled Lady, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1936!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1936 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Roger Sainsbury: Bishop of Barking.
- Dick Barnett: American basketball player and educator.
- Feliciano Belmonte: Jr.
- Connie Dierking: American basketball player (d. 2013).
- David Gale: English actor (d. 1991).
- 1st alcohol power plant forms, Atchison, Kansas
- New York Yankees score World Series record 18 runs, beating Giants 18-4
- First alcohol power plant established, Atchison, Kansas.
- Tony Lazzeri becomes the first New York Yankees' player to hit a world series (World Series #33) grand slam.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 October 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?