Sunday 2 October 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rex Reed in Fort Worth and Lloyd Turner.
Room Service, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Citadel by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 October 1938 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Lloyd Turner: Journalist.
- Rex Reed in Fort Worth: Texas, USA; movie critic/actor (Myra Breckinridge).
- Nick Gravenites: American singer songwriter and guitarist (Big Brother and the Holding Company).
- Waheed Murad: Pakistani actor producer and screenwriter (d. 1983).
- Rex Reed: American movie critic and actor.
- Alexandru Averescu: Romanian soldier and politician (Born 1859).
- Indian Bob Feller strikes out record 18 Tigers (Chester Laabs 5 times)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?