Tuesday 2 November 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Earl "Speedoo" Carroll and Bernard Cassen.
The Hurricane, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Northwest Passage (novel) by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Intimate Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 November 1937!
Which were the important events of 2 November 1937 ?
- Catholicism - All Souls Day (unless on a Sunday)
- Rastafari movement - The coronation of Haile Selassie (1930) celebrated
- USA - admission day (1889) of North Dakota and South Dakota as 39th and 40th states.
- Ancient Latvia - Dveselu Diena held
- Mexico and the United States - Day of the Dead (Spanish: El Dia de los Muertos), a Mexican and Mexican-American celebration of dead ancestors.
- Earl "Speedoo" Carroll: NYC, New York -- Rocker (Cadillacs, Coasters).
- Bernard Cassen: French journalist, a founder of ATTAC, and a member of its Scientific Advisory Board.
- Earl Carroll: American singer (The Cadillacs and The Coasters) (d. 2012).
- Maude Valerie White: Composer, dies at 82.
- AL batting champ Charlie Gehringer wins MVP
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?