Tuesday 2 October 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Esai Morales and Aziz M Osman.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
Long Day's Journey Into Night, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Onmitsu kenshi.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1962!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1962 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Esai Morales: Brooklyn, New York -- Actor (Bad Boys, La Bamba).
- Aziz M Osman: Malaysian actor and director.
- Sigtryggur Baldursson: Icelandic singer and drummer (The Sugarcubes Þeyr KUKL Reptile Palace Orchestra).
- Jeff Bennett: American voice actor and singer.
- El Dandy: Mexican wrestler.
- James Hunter: English singer-songwriter and guitarist
- Aziz Osman: Singaporean-Malaysian actor director producer and screenwriter
- Mark Rypien: Canadian-American football player
- San Francisco and Los Angeles play a 4-hour, 18-minute nine-inning game.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Sherry
- Bobby (Boris) Pickett - Monster Mash
- Nat King Cole - Ramblin' Rose
- Chris Montez - Let's Dance
- Booker T. & The M.G.s - Green Onions
- Dickey Lee - Patches
- Jimmy Clanton - Venus In Blue Jeans
- Frank Ifield - I Remember You
- Alley Cat - Bent Fabric and his Piano
- Mary Wells - You Beat Me To The Punch
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?