Friday 19 October 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ruud Bread and Evander Holyfield.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Monster Mash by Bobby (Boris) Pickett.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Alle meine Tiere.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1962!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1962 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ruud Bread: Soccer player (NAC).
- Evander Holyfield: Boxer.
- Tracy Chevalier: American-English author.
- Bendik Hofseth: Norwegian saxophonist and composer.
- Svetlana Zainetdinova: Soviet-Estonian chess player and coach.
- Stalin-monument removed in Prague
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 October 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby (Boris) Pickett - Monster Mash
- The 4 Seasons - Sherry
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- The Crystals - He's A Rebel
- Frank Ifield - I Remember You
- Dickey Lee - Patches
- Nat King Cole - Ramblin' Rose
- Gene Pitney - Only Love Can Break A Heart
- Booker T. & The M.G.s - Green Onions
- Chris Montez - Let's Dance
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?