Monday 8 October 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bruno Thiry and Chen Xiaoxia.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
Lola, directed by Jacques Demy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching MisteRogers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1962!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1962 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
Famous Birthdays:08 October
- Solomon Linda: South African singer and composer (Born 1909).
- Algeria admitted as 109th member of the United Nations.
- Spiegel scandal: Der Spiegel publishes the article ''Bedingt abwehrbereit'' (''Conditionally prepared for defense'') about a NATO manoeuver called ''Fallex 62'', which uncovered the sorry state of the Bundeswehr (Germany's army) facing the communist threat from the east at the time. The magazine is soon accused of treason.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 October 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Sherry
- Bobby (Boris) Pickett - Monster Mash
- Nat King Cole - Ramblin' Rose
- Chris Montez - Let's Dance
- Frank Ifield - I Remember You
- Booker T. & The M.G.s - Green Onions
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- Dickey Lee - Patches
- Alley Cat - Bent Fabric and his Piano
- Peter, Paul & Mary - If I Had A Hammer (The Hammer Song)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?