Saturday 6 October 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sophie Duez and David Baker.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
Long Day's Journey Into Night, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Onmitsu kenshi.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1962!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1962 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Sophie Duez: French actress, who made her film debut in "Marche à l'ombre" (1984), directed by Michel Blanc.
- David Baker: American biologist and academic.
- Rich Yett: American baseball player.
- Tod Browning: American actor director and screenwriter (d. 1962).
- 16th NHL All-Star Game: Toronto beat All4-Stars -1 at Toronto
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 October 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Sherry
- Bobby (Boris) Pickett - Monster Mash
- Nat King Cole - Ramblin' Rose
- Chris Montez - Let's Dance
- Booker T. & The M.G.s - Green Onions
- Dickey Lee - Patches
- Jimmy Clanton - Venus In Blue Jeans
- Frank Ifield - I Remember You
- Alley Cat - Bent Fabric and his Piano
- Mary Wells - You Beat Me To The Punch
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?