Tuesday 9 October 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Onokuni Yasushi and Jorge Burruchaga.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sherry by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
Lola, directed by Jacques Demy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Gabriela, Clove And Cinnamon by Jorge Amado was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching MisteRogers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1962!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1962 ?
- Onokuni Yasushi: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 62nd Yokozuna.
- Jorge Burruchaga: Argentinian footballer and manager.
- Paul Radisich: New Zealand race car driver.
- Hugh Robertson: English soldier and politician Minister for Sport and the Olympics.
- Ōnokuni Yasushi: Japanese sumo wrestler the 62nd Yokozuna.
- Battles to decide Algeria-Morocco boundary kills 130
- NASA civilian test pilot John B McKay takes X-15 to 39,200 m
- Uganda becomes an independent Commonwealth realm.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 4 Seasons - Sherry
- Bobby (Boris) Pickett - Monster Mash
- Nat King Cole - Ramblin' Rose
- Chris Montez - Let's Dance
- Frank Ifield - I Remember You
- Booker T. & The M.G.s - Green Onions
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- Dickey Lee - Patches
- Alley Cat - Bent Fabric and his Piano
- Peter, Paul & Mary - If I Had A Hammer (The Hammer Song)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?