Sunday October 21, 1962
US date format: 10/21/1962, UK date format: 21/10/1962
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 21, 1962). The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Macmillan (Conservative), Pope John XXIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Sylvie Desarmenien and David Campese.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Monster Mash by Bobby (Boris) Pickett.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
The Manchurian Candidate, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Veeck -- As In Wreck by Bill Veeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Geboren unter schwarzen Himmeln.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 21, 1962?
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- See more
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Carlsbad Cavern Golf Open
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 21, 1962?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- Booker T. & The MG's - Green Onions
- The 4 Seasons - Sherry
- Mary Wells - You Beat Me To The Punch
- Brook Benton - Lie To Me
- Bobby Bland - Stormy Monday Blues
- Nat King Cole - Ramblin' Rose
- The Marvelettes - Someday, Someway
- Bobby "Boris" Pickett And The Crypt-Kickers - Monster Mash
- Dickey Lee - Patches
Sport Games on October 21, 1962
- Baltimore Colts - Chicago Bears : 15 - 35
- Cleveland Browns - St. Louis Cardinals : 34 - 7
- Dallas Cowboys - Pittsburgh Steelers : 42 - 27
- Detroit Lions - New York Giants : 14 - 17
- Minnesota Vikings - Los Angeles Rams : 38 - 14
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?