Thursday 25 October 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Valérie Vogt and David Furnish.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Monster Mash by Bobby (Boris) Pickett.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
Gypsy, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Geboren unter schwarzen Himmeln.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 October 1962
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1962!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1962 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Valérie Vogt
- David Furnish
- Steve Hodge: English footballer and manager.
- Chad Smith: American musician, drummer with The Red Hot Chili Peppers since 1989.
- Roy Stuart: American photographer and director.
- 1st Belgian nuclear reactor begins operation
- Stevenson demands USSR ambassador Zorin answer regarding Cuban missile bases saying "I am prepared to wait for my answer until hell freezes over".
- American author John Steinbeck is awarded Nobel Prize in literature.
- 110th member of the United Nations is admitted (Uganda).
- Cuban missile crisis: Adlai Stevenson shows photos at the UN proving Soviet missiles are installed in Cuba.
- Nelson Mandela is sentenced to five years in prison.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Booker T. & The MG's - Green Onions
- The Contours - Do You Love Me
- Brook Benton - Lie To Me
- The 4 Seasons - Sherry
- Mary Wells - You Beat Me To The Punch
- Bobby Bland - Stormy Monday Blues
- The Crystals - He's A Rebel
- Sam Cooke - Nothing Can Change This Love
- Earl Grant - Sweet Sixteen Bars
- Bobby "Boris" Pickett And The Crypt-Kickers - Monster Mash
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?