Thursday 25 October 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Valérie Vogt and David Furnish.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Monster Mash by Bobby (Boris) Pickett.
In UK Telstar by The Tornados was in the top 5 hits.
Gypsy, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while A Study Of Communism by J. Edgar Hoover was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Scales of Justice.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1962!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 25 October 1962 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Valérie Vogt
- David Furnish
- Steve Hodge: English footballer and manager.
- Darlene Vogel: American actress.
- Roy Stuart: American photographer and director.
- Nick Hancock: English actor and screenwriter.
- Chad Smith: American musician, drummer with The Red Hot Chili Peppers since 1989.
- 1st Belgian nuclear reactor begins operation
- Stevenson demands USSR ambassador Zorin answer regarding Cuban missile bases saying "I am prepared to wait for my answer until hell freezes over".
- American author John Steinbeck is awarded Nobel Prize in literature.
- 110th member of the United Nations is admitted (Uganda).
- Cuban missile crisis: Adlai Stevenson shows photos at the UN proving Soviet missiles are installed in Cuba.
- Nelson Mandela is sentenced to five years in prison.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?