Friday 14 January 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Jones and Allen Toussaint.
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Citadel by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Comedy Cabaret.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 14 January 1938 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Jack Jones: American actor and singer best known for club performances and little theater productions.
- Allen Toussaint: American singer-songwriter pianist and producer (d. 2015).
- Jack Jones in Los Angeles: California, USA; singer (The Love Boat Theme).
- Giorgia Moll: Italian film actress.
- Morihiro Hosokawa: Japanese journalist and politician 79th Prime Minister of Japan.
- National Society for the Legalization of Euthanasia formed (New York).
- Norway claims Queen Maud Land in Antarctica.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?