Sunday September 2, 1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 2, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Monique Olsen and Merritt Patterson.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to If Wishes Came True by Sweet Sensation.
In UK The Joker by The Steve Miller Band was in the top 5 hits.
Uncle Buck, directed by John Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while An Inconvenient Woman by Dominick Dunne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Parenthood.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Disk NG or European Soccer Challenge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1990!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1990 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Monique Olsen
- Merritt Patterson: TV Actress.
- Shayla Worley: Gymnast.
- Marcus Ericsson: Swedish race car driver.
- Grapes of Wrath closes at Cort Theater NYC after 188 performances
- Steve Allen, installed as a new abbot of Hartford St. Zen Center, San Francisco
- Transnistria is unilaterally proclaimed a Soviet republic; the Soviet president Mikhail Gorbachev declares the decision null and void.
- Cold War: Transnistria declares its independence from the Moldavian SSR however, the declaration is not recognized by any government.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 Latin songs
- Tengo Todo Excepto A Ti - Luis Miguel
- Burbujas De Amor - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Amnesia - Jose Jose
- Porque Te Tengo Que Olvidar - Jose Feliciano
- Ni Un Roce - Ana Gabriel
- Te Amo - Rocio Durcal
- Como He De Vivir Sin Tu Carino - Danny Rivera
- Peligroso Amor - Myriam Hernandez
- Gracias A Tu Amor - Lourdes Robles/Luis Enrique
- Azucar Moreno - Ven Devorame Otra Vez
Top #5 songs in the UK
- The Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Bombalurina - Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
- Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart / What Is Love
- Four Bacharach And David Songs (EP) - Deacon Blue
- Maria McKee - Show Me Heaven
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?