Tuesday 2 September 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marlene Janssen and Mario Fortunato.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) by Domenico Modugno.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wanted: Dead or Alive.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1958!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1958 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Marlene Janssen: Rock Island, Illinois -- Playmate (Nov, 1982).
- Mario Fortunato: Italian news journalist.
- Olivier Grouillard: French race car driver.
- Lynne Kosky: Australian social worker and politician (d. 2014).
- Henry Verwoerd appointed Prime Minister of South Africa
- KAYS TV channel 7 in Hays, KS (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Minn announces $9 million bond issue to improve Metropolitan Stadium
- National Defense Education Act was signed
- United States Air Force C-130A-II is shot down by fighters over Yerevan in Armenia when it strays into Soviet airspace while conducting a sigint mission. All crew members are killed.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 September 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Elegants - Little Star
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Jack Scott - My True Love
- Kalin Twins - When
- Frankie Avalon - Ginger Bread
- Jimmie Rodgers - Are You Really Mine?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?