Monday 1 September 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Armi Aavikko .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) by Domenico Modugno.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wanted: Dead or Alive.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 September 1958!
Which were the important events of 1 September 1958 ?
- Start of the season when oysters are fit to eat (when month names contain an "R")
- Uzbekistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- In the Eastern Orthodox Church, the new liturgical year begins on September 1. Also see September 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- Church of England - Saint Giles
- Cameroon - Jour d'Union Nationale Camerounaise
- Libya - Revolution Day (1969)
- Russia - Knowledge Day
- Singapore - Teacher's Day
- Start of the partridge-shooting season ("St.Partridge").
- Slovakia - Constitution Day
- Start of cold season.
- Start of new school year in many countries.
- Armi Aavikko: Finnish Beauty Queen, a singer and model.
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Opie Turner Golf Open
- As of this date, all cars produced in the United States must have a manufacturer's label attached to a window displaying options and prices, transport and freight charges, and manufacturer's suggested retail price.
- Iceland expands its fishing zone, putting it into conflict with the United Kingdom, beginning the Cod Wars.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 September 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Elegants - Little Star
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Jack Scott - My True Love
- Kalin Twins - When
- Frankie Avalon - Ginger Bread
- Jimmie Rodgers - Are You Really Mine?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?