Tuesday 30 September 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christopher Cass in Cold Spring Harbor and Nona Garson.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to It's All In The Game by Tommy Edwards.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
The Old Man and the Sea, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cannonball.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1958!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1958 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Christopher Cass in Cold Spring Harbor: New York, USA; actor (Jack Forbes - Loving).
- Nona Garson: Equestrian show jumper (1996 Olympics).
- Rodwell Biggie Tembo Marasha: Musician.
- Jean-Marie Villemin: French homicide, a killer of his cousin for the murder of his son, Gregory, whose body was found bound and drowned in the river Vologne on 10/16/1984.
- Marty Stuart: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Niels Bjerrum: Danish chemist (ph-stipulation), dies at 79.
- The U.S.S.R. performs a nuclear test at Novaya Zemlya.
- Tunisia and Morocco join the Arab League.
- NASA starts operations and replaces the NACA.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 September 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Eddie Cochran - Summertime Blues
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Roger Williams - Near You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?