Friday 26 September 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard B Weldon and Darby Crash.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) by Domenico Modugno.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
Man of the West, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while The Russian Revolution by Alan Moorehead was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Lux Playhouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 September 1958!
Which were the important events of 26 September 1958 ?
- Richard B Weldon: Jr.
- Darby Crash: American gay punk rocker, front man of the band 'The Germs' who committed suicide by heroin overdose on December 7, 1980 in Hollywood.
- Robert Kagan: Greek-American historian and author.
- Richard Weldon: Jr.
- Rudi Cerne: German figure skater and journalist.
- Carl Brisson: Actor (Ship Cafe, Ring, Song of Soho), dies at 64.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
- Poni-Tails - Born Too Late
- The Everly Brothers - Devoted To You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?