Saturday 6 September 1958US date format: 9/6/1958, UK date format: 6/9/1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 6, 1958). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Foxworthy and Michael Winslow.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) by Domenico Modugno.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, directed by Richard Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while The Dud Avocado by Elaine Dundy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Invisible Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 September 1958
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1958!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1958 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jeff Foxworthy: Comedian.
- Michael Winslow: American comedian actor producer and...
- Buster Bloodvessel: English singer-songwriter (Bad Manners).
- Arsinée Khanjian: Lebanese-Canadian actress and producer.
- Arsinee Khanjian: Armenian-Canadian actress.
- Nigel Westlake: Australian composer and conductor.
- Bernard Émié: French career diplomat, who currently...
- Amelie Fried: German writer and television presenter.
- Mary Ann Mobley (Miss), 21, crowned 31st Miss America 1959
- Paul Robeson performs in concert at the Soviet Young Pioneer camp Artek.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Elegants - Little Star
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Jack Scott - My True Love
- Kalin Twins - When
- Frankie Avalon - Ginger Bread
- Jimmie Rodgers - Are You Really Mine?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?