Tuesday 16 September 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jennifer Tilly in Los Angeles and Mariano Aprile.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) by Domenico Modugno.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
Pather Panchali, directed by Satyajit Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rescue 8.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1958!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1958 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Jennifer Tilly in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Let it Ride, Off Beat, Psycho II).
- Mariano Aprile: Italian insurance fraud; he and his wife faked his death while sailing to collect insurance sum of 1 million lire.
- Hanna Opitz: Brazilian Uranian astrologer.
- Orel Hershiser: American baseball player: pitcher, Indians.
- Henry Milligan: American boxer who began the sport after in college the fall of 1981.
- Jennifer Tilly: Movie Actress
- Maura O'Connell: Irish singer and actress (De Dannan)
- Neville Southall: Welsh footballer and manager
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 September 1958
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Poni-Tails - Born Too Late
- The Olympics - Western Movies
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?