Saturday 20 September 1958
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marty Schiene and Arn Anderson.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) by Domenico Modugno.
In UK When by The Kalin Twins was in the top 5 hits.
Damn Yankees!, directed by George Abbott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while The Bramble Bush by Charles Mergendahl was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Union Pacific.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1958!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1958 ?
- Marty Schiene: Chicago, Illinois -- Canadian Tour golfer (1992 Illinois Open).
- Arn Anderson: American wrestler and trainer.
- Oscar O'Brien: Canadian catholic priest and folklorist (Born 1892).
- Ferhat Abbas forms Algerian government in exile (Cairo)
- Baltimore Orioles' knuckler Hoyt Wilhelm no-hits New York Yankees 1-0.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Bobby Day - Rock-In Robin
- Poni-Tails - Born Too Late
- The Olympics - Western Movies
- Little Anthony and the Imperials - Tears On My Pillow
- Robin Luke - Susie Darlin'
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?