Sunday 2 September 1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ron Ng and Gary Hollywood.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Sharona by The Knack.
In UK We Don't Talk Anymore by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Time After Time, directed by Nicholas Meyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Martha by Winzola McLendon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Moment in Time.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Heiankyo Alien or Head On.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 1979
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1979!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1979 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Ron Ng: Hong Kong actor singer and dancer.
- Tomer Ben Yosef: Israeli footballer.
- Gary Hollywood: Scottish actor, who has worked extensively in theatre, film, and television.
- Tomer Yosef: Israeli footballer.
- Alex Chu: South Korean-Canadian singer and actor (Clazziquai).
- Brian Westbrook: American football player.
- I Remember Mama closes at Majestic Theater NYC after 108 performances
- The Big Thunder Mountain Railroad ride opens in Frontierland at Disneyland. It cost US$15.8 million to build.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 2 September 1979
- Atlanta Falcons - New Orleans Saints : 40 - 34
- Baltimore Colts - Kansas City Chiefs : 0 - 14
- Cincinnati Bengals - Denver Broncos : 0 - 10
- Cleveland Browns - New York Jets : 25 - 22
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Chic - Good Times
- Barbra Streisand - The Main Event & Fight
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
- Electric Light Orchestra - Don't Bring Me Down
- Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
- Maxine Nightingale - Lead Me On
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Elton John - Mama Can't Buy You Love
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
Top #10 R&B songs
- Chic - Good Times
- Earth, Wind & Fire - After The Love Has Gone
- Michael Jackson - Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough
- Ashford & Simpson - Found A Cure
- Teddy Pendergrass - Turn Off The Lights
- Cameo - I Just Want To Be
- Donna Summer - Bad Girls
- Mass Production - Firecracker
- Teena Marie - I'm A Sucker For Your Love
- Five Special - Why Leave Us Alone
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?