Saturday 8 September 1979
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pink (singer) and Peter Leko.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Sharona by The Knack.
In UK We Don't Talk Anymore by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Time After Time, directed by Nicholas Meyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while How To Prosper During The Coming Bad Years by Howard J. Ruff was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Read All About It!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Radar Scope or Star Fire.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1979!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 September 1979 ?
- Pink (singer)
- Peter Leko
- Pink : American singer, songwriter, and actress.
- Kirsten Price: English-American singer-songwriter.
- Jean Seberg: American actress whose career was launched with her 1957 portrayal of Jean d'Arc in Otto Preminger's "Saint Joan.
- Cheryl Prewitt (Miss), 22, crowned 52nd Miss America 1980
- México recognizes the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Chic - Good Times
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
- Electric Light Orchestra - Don't Bring Me Down
- Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
- Maxine Nightingale - Lead Me On
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Barbra Streisand - The Main Event & Fight
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?