Saturday 15 September 1979
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Amy Davidson and Dave Annable.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Sharona by The Knack.
In UK We Don't Talk Anymore by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Onion Field, directed by Harold Becker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Complete Book Of Running by James F. Fixx was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Struck by Lightning.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Monkey Magic or Sheriff.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1979!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 15 September 1979 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Amy Davidson: American actress.
- Dave Annable: American actor.
- Nicole Fiscella
- Patrick Marleau: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Carlos Ruiz: Guatemalan footballer.
- Tommy Leonetti: American singer-songwriter and actor (d. 1979).
- Red Sox Bob Watson is 1st to hit for cycle in AL and NL (Astros)
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
- Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
- Electric Light Orchestra - Don't Bring Me Down
- Maxine Nightingale - Lead Me On
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- Chic - Good Times
- Commodores - Sail On
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?