Friday 3 August 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alberto Tous and Lucky Dube.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Roses Are Red (My Love) by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Shoot the Piano Player, directed by François Truffaut, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The French Chef.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1962!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1962 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Alberto Tous: Spain -- Tennis star.
- Lucky Dube: South African reggae singer.
- Jean-Luc Guillochon: French horse racing jockey and trainer.
- Steve Hawkins: Coach.
- 29th NFL Chicago All-Star Game: Green Bay 42, All-Stars 20 (65,000)
- New York Mets' Frank Thomas hits his 6th home run in three games.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 August 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- Neil Sedaka - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Ray Stevens - Ahab, The Arab
- Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzales
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Little Eva - The Loco-Motion
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Richard Chamberlain - Theme From Dr. Kildare (Three Stars Will Shine Tonight)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?