Tuesday 14 August 1962US date format: 8/14/1962, UK date format: 14/8/1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 14, 1962). The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Gubicza and Jerry Foltz.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Breaking Up Is Hard To Do by Neil Sedaka.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
The Slave, directed by Sergio Corbucci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while The Guns Of August by Barbara W. Tuchman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dr. Finlay's Casebook.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 August 1962
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1962!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1962 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Mark Gubicza: American pro baseball pitcher who signed...
- Jerry Foltz: Las Vegas, Nevada -- Nike golfer (1991...
- Mark Robert Isfeld: Combat engineer.
- Bunny: Movie Actress.
- John Slattery: Actor.
- Andres Herkel: Estonian academic and politician.
- Rameez Raja: Pakistani cricketer and sportscaster.
- Kevin Harris: Canadian skateboarder.
- NASA civilian test pilot Joseph A Walker takes X-15 to 60,000 m
- US mail truck in Plymouth, Massachusetts robbed of more than US$1.5 million.
- French and Italian workers break through at Mount Blanc Vehicular Tunnel.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Barbara Lynn - You'll Lose A Good Thing
- Sam Cooke - Bring It On Home To Me
- Claudine Clark - Party Lights
- The Isley Brothers - Twist And Shout
- Little Eva - The Loco-Motion
- The Wah Watusi - The Orlons
- Don Gardner And Dee Dee Ford - I Need Your Loving
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- Ray Stevens - Ahab, The Arab
- Etta James - Stop The Wedding
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?