Saturday 11 August 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jonathan Hayes and Ennis Whatley.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Breaking Up Is Hard To Do by Neil Sedaka.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Kid Galahad, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dr. Finlay's Casebook.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 August 1962!
Which were the important events of 11 August 1962 ?
- Brazil - Student�s Day, Lawyer�s Day, Foundation of the Law Studies in Brazil
- Zimbabwe - Heroes Day
- Taiwan - Valentine's Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Tiburtius
- St. Chromatius
- St. Equitius
- St. Gery/Gaugericus
- St. Susanna
- Jonathan Hayes: NFL tight end (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Ennis Whatley: American basketball player.
- Shaul Karnain: Sri Lankan cricketer.
- Ari Boulogne: French photographer, the son of German actress, singer and model Nico, and her lover French actor Alain Delon.
- Brian Azzarello: American author.
- Charles Cecil: English video game designer and co-founded Revolution Software
- John Micklethwait: English journalist and author
- Rob Minkoff: American director and producer
- Andrian G Nikolayev, becomes 3rd Russian in space aboard Vostok 3
- Bolotnikov runs world record 10km (28:18.2)
- Dodgers protest wetting down of Candlestick to slow Maury Wills down
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 August 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Neil Sedaka - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Little Eva - The Loco-Motion
- Ray Stevens - Ahab, The Arab
- Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzales
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- Barbara Lynn - You'll Lose A Good Thing
- Bobby Darin - Things
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?