Thursday 23 August 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Shaun Ryder and Dean Karnazes.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Loco-Motion by Little Eva.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
The 300 Spartans, directed by Rudolph Mat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while The Golden Rendezvous by Alistair MacLean was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dr. Finlay's Casebook.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 August 1962 ?
- Astrology - Last day of sun sign Leo in the tropical zodiac
- Swaziland - Umhlanga Day
- Romania - Liberation Day (1944)
- RC Saints - Saint Rose of Lima
- Roman festivals - Vulcanalia
- Shaun Ryder: English singer-songwriter and actor (Happy Mondays and Black Grape).
- Dean Karnazes: American athlete, setting records for long distance running.
- Glenn Healy: Pickering, Ontario -- NHL goalie (NY Rangers).
- Kyle Clifton: NFL linebacker (NY Jets).
- Martin Cauchon: Canadian lawyer and politician 46th Canadian Minister of Justice.
- 1st Europe-US live TV program (via Telstar)
- John Lennon weds Cynthia Powell
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?