Sunday 19 August 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kim Shipman and Michael J Massimino.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Breaking Up Is Hard To Do by Neil Sedaka.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Kid Galahad, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Veeck -- As In Wreck by Bill Veeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dr. Finlay's Casebook.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1962!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1962 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Kim Shipman: Athens, Pennsylvania -- LPGA golfer (1995 LPGA Corning Classic-25th).
- Michael J Massimino: Oceanside, New York -- PhD / Astronaut.
- Valerie Kaprisky: Paris, France -- Actress (Breathless, Public Woman).
- Tammy Bruce: American political commentator.
- Jörg Kressing: Swiss beauty consultant, former TV moderator.
- Valérie Kaprisky: French actress, of Polish ancestry on her mother's side, and of Turkish and Argentine descent on her father's side.
- Raimonds Vilde: Latvian volleyball player and coach
- Toll Yagami: Japanese drummer (Buck-Tick)
- Kerstin Hesselgren: 1st woman in Swedish parliament, dies at 90.
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Albuquerque Swing Parade Golf Tournament
- Homer Blancos plays the finest round in golf, shooting a 55.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?