Monday 6 August 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kimberly Hefner and Marc Lavoine.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Breaking Up Is Hard To Do by Neil Sedaka.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
Kid Galahad, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The French Chef.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1962!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1962 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Kimberly Hefner: American model, Playmate of the Year and wife of publishing tycoon Hugh Hefner.
- Marc Lavoine: French singer and actor.
- Michelle Yeoh: Malaysian-Hong Kong actress and producer.
- Jamaica becomes independent after 300 years of British rule
- Jamaica becomes independent.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 August 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Neil Sedaka - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Little Eva - The Loco-Motion
- Ray Stevens - Ahab, The Arab
- Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzales
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- Barbara Lynn - You'll Lose A Good Thing
- Bobby Darin - Things
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?