Saturday 4 August 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roger Clemens and Roger Clemens in Dayton.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Roses Are Red (My Love) by Bobby Vinton.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Kid Galahad, directed by Phil Karlson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Jfk Coloring Book by Jackie Kannon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The French Chef.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1962!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 August 1962 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Roger Clemens: American baseball player: star pitcher for the Boston Red Sox who drafted him in 1983.
- Roger Clemens in Dayton: Ohio, USA; Boston Red Sox pitcher (Cy Young, Most Valuable Player).
- David Nunn: English actor (d. 2012).
- Paul Reynolds: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (A Flock of Seagulls).
- Nelson Mandela captured by South African police
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- Neil Sedaka - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do
- Brian Hyland - Sealed With A Kiss
- The Orlons - The Wah-Watusi
- Ray Stevens - Ahab, The Arab
- Pat Boone - Speedy Gonzales
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Little Eva - The Loco-Motion
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Richard Chamberlain - Theme From Dr. Kildare (Three Stars Will Shine Tonight)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?