Monday 3 January 1938
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Percy Seymour and Robin Butler.
The Buccaneer, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Foundations of Cookery.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the important events of 3 January 1938 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Percy Seymour: British astrophysicist and astronomer born in South Africa.
- Robin Butler: Baron Butler of Brockwell English academic and politician.
- K Ganeshalingam: Sri Lankan accountant and politician Mayor of Colombo (d. 2006).
- Arthur Boon: Flemish priest/philologist, dies at age 54.
- The March of Dimes is established by President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- March of Dimes established to fight polio.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?