Friday 3 January 1936
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Betty Rollin and Jos Kunst.
The Ghost Goes West, directed by Ren Clair, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching Theatre Parade.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1936!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1936 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 3 January 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1936 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Twenty-Four Hours a Day - Joe Venuti & His Orchestra
- A Little Bit Independent - Bob Crosby & His Orchestra
- Alone - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?