Monday 3 January 1955
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cynthia Sykes in Coffeyville and Palmolive.
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
Bad Day at Black Rock, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Soldiers of Fortune.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1955!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1955 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Cynthia Sykes in Coffeyville: Kentucky, USA; actress (Flamingo Road, St. Elsewhere).
- Palmolive: British musician (The Slits, The Raincoats).
- Jose Ramon Guizado becomes President of Panama
- José Ramón Guizado becomes president of Panama.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1955 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- The Finger Of Suspicion - Dickie Valentine With The Stargazers
- Eddie Calvert - Oh Mein Papa
- Frankie Laine - Blowing Wild
- Mambo Italiano - Rosemary Clooney & The Mellomen
- No One But You - Billy Eckstine
- Winifred Atwell - Let's Have A Party
- David Whitfield - Rags To Riches
- Ronnie Hilton - I Still Believe
- Mantovani - Swedish Rhapsody
- Ruby Murray - Heartbeat
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?