Tuesday 3 June 2008
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harshaali Malhotra .
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Lollipop by Lil Wayne.
The Incredible Hulk, directed by Louis Leterrier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Revolution by Ron Paul was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coke Studio.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 8Ball Allstars or Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 June 2008!
Which were the important events of 3 June 2008 ?
- Kevin Bokelmann - St Kevin's Day.
- Feast day of St Charles Lwanga and Companions, Martyrs of Uganda.
- Roman Empire - Festival to Bellona.
- US Democratic Party presidential candidate Barack Obama wins the support of a group of uncommitted delegates, giving him more than the required 2118 to win the party's nomination.
- Antonio Pettigrew hands back the gold medal he won as part of the United States Olympic 400 metre relay team at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney following an admission that he used EPO and human growth hormone between 1997 and 2003. Michael Johnson, another member of the team, returns his gold medal on the grounds that it was ampquottaintedampquot. (AP via CNN)
- China National Petroleum Corporation signs an agreement to produce oil in Niger. (BBC News)
- General Motors announces it will close 4 pickup truck and sports utility vehicle factories in Janesville, Wisconsin, Oshawa, Ontario, Moraine, Ohio, and Toluca, State of Mexico, eliminating 10,000 jobs it also announces plans for a small car that will achieve 45 miles per gallon in response to rising fuel prices. (AP via Google News)
- NASA reveals that Launch Complex 39A at Kennedy Space Center sustained unusual amounts of damage during the launch of STS-124. They are unsure what caused the damage, but are certain it will not cause any delay for the next launch, STS-125, in October. (CBS News via Spaceflight Now)
- United States Democratic Party primaries, 2008:
- Senator Obama wins the Montana Democratic primary, 2008.
- The United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization opens the High-Level Conference on World Food Security in Rome, focusing on the world food price crisis, climate change and agriculture and food vs fuel issues.
- Three people are dead and many more injured as a result of flooding in the Zollernalbkreis region in the German state of Baden-Wuerttemberg. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2008 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?