Monday 3 May 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nina Garcia and Rob Brydon.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter by Herman's Hermits.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Pawnbroker, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Funeral In Berlin by Len Deighton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Unverbesserlichen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 3 May 1965 ?
- Saint Apostle James the Lesser
- Black Madonna of Cz?stochowa Queen and Protector of Poland (since April 1, 1656)
- Antonia and Alexander (martyrs of 313)
- Saint Emily Bicchiere (1238 - 1314
- Saints Eventius and Alexander, Saint Theodulus (martyrs of 119)
- Saint Ansfrid (c. 1008)
- Saint Alexander I
- Saint Apostle Philip
- Feast of the Finding of the Holy Cross, aka the Invention of the True Cross.
- Discoflux (Discordianism).
- Constitution Day in Poland and Japan.
- World Press Freedom Day.
- Saint Juvenalis (d. 376)
- Nina Garcia: Colombian-American fashion expert and television personality.
- Rob Brydon: Welsh actor, comedian, radio and television presenter, singer and impressionist.
- Ignatius Aphrem: Syrian patriarch.
- John Jensen: Danish footballer and coach.
- Mikhail Prokhorov: Russian self-made businessman.
- 1st use of satellite TV, Today Show on Early Bird Satellite
- Don Steele, begins a 40+ year radio career at KRTH (Los Angeles, California)
- KTCI TV channel 17 in St. Paul-Minneapolis, MN (PBS) 1st broadcast
- Pulitzer prize awarded to Irwin Unger (Greenback Era)
- Cambodia drops diplomatic relations with the US.
- First use of satellite TV, Today Show on the Early Bird Satellite.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- Wayne Fontana - Game Of Love
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
- Freddie and the Dreamers - I'm Telling You Now
- The Rolling Stones - The Last Time
- Sounds Orchestral - Cast Your Fate To The Wind
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?