Thursday 6 May 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 6, 1965). The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leslie Hope and Stephen Gaghan.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter by Herman's Hermits.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Gabino Barrera, directed by René Cardona, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Design For Survival by General Thomas S. Power was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Orlando.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 1965
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1965 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Leslie Hope: Canadian actress director producer and screenwriter.
- Stephen Gaghan
- Nathalie Stutzmann
- Tim Simpson in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; Nike golfer (1985 Southern Open).
- Ken Harvey: NFL linebacker (Washington Redskins).
- Bob Bassen in Calgary: Alberta, Canada; NHL center (Dallas Stars).
- Norman Whiteside: British soccer player.
- Lawry and Simpson complete opening stand of 382 against West Indies.
- A tornado outbreak near the Twin Cities in Minnesota kills 13 and injures 683.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- Wayne Fontana - Game Of Love
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
- Freddie and the Dreamers - I'm Telling You Now
- The Rolling Stones - The Last Time
- Sounds Orchestral - Cast Your Fate To The Wind
Top #10 R&B songs
- Little Milton - We're Gonna Make It
- Marvin Gaye - I'll Be Doggone
- The Temptations - It's Growing
- The Miracles - Ooo Baby Baby
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars - Shotgun
- Billy Stewart - I Do Love You
- Solomon Burke - Got To Get You Off My Mind
- Gene Chandler - Nothing Can Stop Me
- Martha & The Vandellas - Nowhere To Run
- The Impressions - Woman's Got Soul
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?