Thursday 6 May 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tim Simpson in Atlanta and Bob Bassen in Calgary.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter by Herman's Hermits.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Pawnbroker, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Unverbesserlichen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1965 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Tim Simpson in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; Nike golfer (1985 Southern Open).
- Bob Bassen in Calgary: Alberta, Canada; NHL center (Dallas Stars).
- Norman Whiteside: British soccer player.
- Ken Harvey: NFL linebacker (Washington Redskins).
- Leslie Hope: Canadian actress director producer and screenwriter.
- Lawry and Simpson complete opening stand of 382 against West Indies.
- A tornado outbreak near the Twin Cities in Minnesota kills 13 and injures 683.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 May 1965
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- The Beatles - Ticket To Ride
- Wayne Fontana - Game Of Love
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
- Freddie and the Dreamers - I'm Telling You Now
- The Rolling Stones - The Last Time
- Sounds Orchestral - Cast Your Fate To The Wind
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?