Saturday 21 September 1940US date format: 9/21/1940, UK date format: 21/9/1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 21, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Pagès and Sigrid Valdis.
Strike Up the Band, directed by Busby Berkeley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 September 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1940!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1940 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Bernard Pagès: French contemporary sculptor.
- Sigrid Valdis
- Joe Strawder
- Hermann Knoflacher: Austrian engineer and academic.
- Bill Kurtis in Pensacola: Florida, USA; newscaster (The American...
- Bill Kurtis: American journalist and producer.
- Jerry Fosnow: American baseball player, a...
- Ron Fenton: English footballer coach and manager (d....