Friday 3 September 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas Valentin and Jaak Uudmäe.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Brigadoon, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while But We Were Born Free by Elmer Holmes Davis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching It's a Great Life.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 September 1954!
Which were the important events of 3 September 1954 ?
- Thomas Valentin: French media company executive, who, since 26 May 2000, has served as Vice President of the Management Board (antennas and content) of M6 (Metropole Television), the most profitable private national French TV channel.
- Jaak Uudmäe: Estonian triple jumper and coach.
- Marika Kotopouli: Greek actress (Born 1887).
- China begins artillery bombing on Quemoy and Amoy
- Espionage and Sabotage Act of 1954 signed
- Pope Pius X canonized a saint.
- The People's Liberation Army begins shelling the Republic of China-controlled islands of Quemoy.
- The German U-Boat U-505 begins its move from a specially constructed dock to its final site at Chicago's Museum of Science and Industry.
- The last new episode of ''The Lone Ranger'' is aired on radio, after 2,956 episodes over a period of 21 years.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?