Saturday 4 February 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frederick Blancke and Sergei Grinkov.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to I'm A Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
The War Game, directed by Peter Watkins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Boston Strangler by Gerald Frank was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching CBS Children's Film Festival.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1967!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 4 February 1967 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- Frederick Blancke: French murderer, he strangled a young English woman on 14 August 1989.
- Sergei Grinkov: Soviet ice skater (Olympic Gold 1988, 1994) dies (heart attack) at age 28.
- Christina Önnerud: Swedish chemist.
- Albert Orsborn: English 6th General of The Salvation Army (d. 1967).
- Wild Thing hits #20 on the pop singles chart by Senator Bobby
- US launches Lunar Orbiter 3.
- Lunar Orbiter program: Lunar Orbiter 3 lifts off from Cape Canaveral's Launch Complex 13 on its mission to identify possible landing sites for the Surveyor and Apollo spacecraft.
- The Soviet Union protests the demonstrations before its embassy in Beijing.
- Italy's first guided missile cruiser, the ''Vittorio Veneto (C550)'', is launched.
- General Anastasio Somoza Debayle becomes president of Nicaragua.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- The Seekers - Georgy Girl
- The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
- Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
- The Buckinghams - Kind Of A Drag
- The Mamas & The Papas - Words Of Love
- Blues Magoos - (We Aint' Got) Nothin' Yet
- Keith - 98.6
- Paul Revere & the Raiders - Good Thing
- Four Tops - Standing In The Shadows Of Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?